Friday, July 8, 2011

WODs Day 5 and 6

Day 5 -

2x Hang Squat Clean EMOM (each minute on the minute) for 12min

I started with 155# but after the first 2 sets felt like it was challenging enough. So guess what?? Of course I added weight...10more #s making it a total of 165#s. After 3 or 4 more rounds I still for some reason wasn't satisfied with the weight I chose. So I added 10 more #s finishing the WOD with 175# hang squat cleans. If I could do it again, I would stay at 165... I struggled keeping my elbows up and my knees from dipping in. All in all good WOD though :)

then

3x30 Unbroken Wall Balls (rest 3min)

This WOD was not my cup of tea. I only got the first round unbroken, and even then dropped the ball once on rep 27, picked it up and continued as if nothing happened. The second set drained all the gas out of the tank, by rep 13 I had to stop to take a breathe. I had to drop the ball again at reps 24 and 26. I actually felt a little better on the last set trying to focus on really exploding with my legs. I was able to make it to rep 21 before dropping the med ball, but stopped again to regain consciousness at rep 26 before finishing.

then last but not least

I thought I was gonna have to use the dedicated pukie bucket
50 Kettle bell swings for time @ 2 pood (70#)
result: 2:43

I was pretty happy considering at this point I WAS TRASHED!!!


Day 6 -

1 min row @ 90%, 1 min row @ 50% x 20

This WOD is deceivingly hard. I was able most of the time to keep the average 500m row around 1:50per  when rowing at 90%. I got as fast as 1:40 and as slow as 2:04 average. I did row the entire 30 min period with the occasional sip of water during the 50% intervals, although the display claimed 29:19 total time :O. Total distance rowed was 6210 meters.

No comments:

Post a Comment